Three things happened to young adult writer and teen librarian Bridget Zinn in February:
- She got an agent for her novel.
- She got married.
- She found out she had Stage Four colon cancer.
It’s unbelievable that a young, vibrant woman with absolutely ZERO of the risk factors has been struck with this form of cancer. But it is pretty incredible that the kidlit community has come to her aid with The Bridget Zinn Auction.
Authors have donated signed copies of their books, editors have offered critiques. All to benefit Bridget’s treatment and recovery.
There’s lots of fabulous goodies to be had. Just take a look:
- Manuscript critique by Nancy Mercado of Roaring Brook Press.
- “Focus” Radio Show Interview with Irene Rawlings.
- Picture book critique by Dori Chaconas, author of more than 20 books for children, followed by a special reading of your final revised draft by Andrea Tompa, associate editor of Candlewick Press.
- Signed first edition of Stephenie Meyer’s Eclipse.
- Babymouse author Jennifer Holm will put your name in her next book.
There’s lots more marvelousness to be had. Jewelry, crafts, books, journals and custom items. (I’ve got my eye on that custom cookbook.)
So what are you waiting for? Start bidding! The auctions will close on May 30 at 11pm EST.