Imagine Monday is a weekly blog meme for children’s writers—and fans of children’s fiction.
One of the fastest growing online venues for micro fiction is Six Sentences, yet the target audience is adults. Imagine Monday challenges you to write an über-short tale for kids in ten sentences (or less) using a weekly prompt. Flash your brilliance in a few lines.
- Each Friday a prompt will be posted here.
- Take Saturday and Sunday to write.
- Submit your entry via your own blog sometime on Monday.
- Include a link back to the prompt page. Use the tag Imagine Monday.
- Visit fellow participants and leave constructive comments if you choose.
Have fun! Stretch your creativity. Use the prompt to put a character from your current project in a different situation. Start something entirely new. Compose a series of connected tales. Or simply get in a little writing practice. Do with it what you will.
Sometimes the prompt will be a sentence, sometimes a single word. We’ll mix it up and include images, too. See what you can create in just a few sentences. Make it tight. Make it memorable.
All are welcome, regardless of age or writing experience–and you don’t even have to own a blog. You can submit your writing here via the comments field.
Imagine Monday kicks off with the first prompt this Friday, October 10. Please join us!