Registration for PiBoIdMo 2015 is CLOSED! You can still participate by following the daily blog posts and jotting down your ideas, but you will not be eligible for prizes.
The first signpost on our journey?
Your PiBoIdMo guest-blogger line-up!
Even Anthony Michael Hall agrees, this club is totally cool.
These authors, illustrators and picture book professionals will provide daily doses of inspiration to help you along on your 30-day idea journey this November.
And don’t forget—there’s Pre-PiBo beginning THIS AFTERNOON, to get you organized and ready. And then in early December, there’s Post-PiBo to help you prioritize your ideas and flesh them out.
Participants who register for PiBoIdMo and complete the 30-idea challenge will be eligible for prizes, including signed picture books, original art, critiques, Skype sessions and feedback from one of the “lucky 13” picture book agents. This year’s agents are:
- Liza Fleissig, Liza Royce Agency
- Karen Grencik, Red Fox Literary
- Ginger Harris, Liza Royce Agency
- Susan Hawk, The Bent Agency
- Teresa D. Kietlinski, Prospect Agency
- Lori Kilkelly, Rodeen Literary Management
- Tricia Lawrence, Erin Murphy Literary Agency
- Holly McGhee, Pippin Properties
- Ammi-Joan Paquette, Erin Murphy Literary Agency
- Kathleen Rushall, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- Jodell Sadler, Sadler Children’s Literary
- Sara Scuito, Fuse Literary
- Deborah Warren, East-West Literary
Need more info about PiBoIdMo before you register? Read this.
And review the PiBoIdMo FAQ.
So are you ready to register? You need to do THREE THINGS:
- Write your FULL NAME in a comment below. Only leave ONE COMMENT. Please DO NOT reply to anyone else’s comments. DO NOT make a second comment if you forgot your FULL NAME. I will contact you. If you don’t see your comment immediately, please read the FAQ.
- Follow this blog. Anyway you choose. Look in the left column, under my photo, for the email follow button (“Follow Tara’s Blog”). There’s also RSS in the top menu or you can follow in your WordPress reader.
- Place the participant badge somewhere in your social media (blog, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, etc.). Link back to taralazar.com from the badge if you can. If you don’t have any social media accounts, skip this one.
Remember, comment below ONLY ONCE with your FULL NAME. This is the most important piece of registration!
Other optional thingamabobs:
- Grab PiBoIdMo merchandise, like the official journal. All proceeds ($3 per item) benefit RIF if you use this link: cafepress.com/piboidmo. RIF puts books into the hands of underprivileged children.
- Use the #PiBoIdMo hashtag when tweeting about the event….and follow @TaraLazar on Twitter.
- Join the PiBoIdMo Facebook discussion group. This is a closed group meaning you must request to join and I will approve you. (Note: the name says “2011″ but it is the current group.)
That’s it. You’re golden!
REGISTRATION REMAINS OPEN THROUGH NOVEMBER 5th. You can still follow along if you’re not registered, but remember, those who register AND complete the challenge are eligible for PRIZES.
Visit this blog for daily inspiration from the guest bloggers, then keep a journal or computer file of your ideas. There’s no need to post your ideas online or send them to me. Do not share them. They are your intellectual property. As Sheena Easton croons: “for your eyes only.”
At the end of the month, I’ll ask you to sign the PiBo-Pledge confirming you did create 30 ideas. You’re on the honor system.
Finally, I am able to bring you this event for free every year because of my books. I’d appreciate you supporting them in whatever way you can–by purchasing them, giving them as gifts, reviewing them, asking your library to carry them. Visit this page for all my book info and activities: Tara’s Books. Thank you!
I will leave you with a quote that serves as PiBoIdMo’s motto…from Roald Dahl’s THE MINPINS…