Christy Evers of Christy’s Creative Space nominated me for an Honest Scrap award. This meme requires me to reveal 10 honest things about myself and then tag 7 friends.
I want to stick to this blog’s theme, so I’ll list 10 honest things about me that have to do with writing:
1) I never finished a story in college, but I still earned a Creative Writing degree.
2) I thought there was some magic formula for story endings that no one ever taught me.
3) I was surprised when my professors didn’t share this literary secret.
4) I learned how to end a story by ending it. Amazing how that worked.
5) I lied to my great-grandparents by telling them I had published a book. Poor folks left their house for the first time in 20 years to buy my title at the bookstore. (In my defense, I was only 7 years old. I have no defense for them, believing a second-grader.)
6) I illustrate, too. But I think someone else could illustrate my stories better.
7) I cannot work on adult short stories and my children’s stories during the same day or even the same week. My brain has to completely shift its way of thinking.
8 ) I write most of my stories in my dining room.
9) I like writing long-hand because it frees me from my internal editor, but I rarely do it.
10) I only tagged one friend for this meme. Corey, you’re it.