To celebrate the release of my debut picture book THE MONSTORE on June 4th, I am offering free Skype visits with your class the week of June 10th. (Yes, I know school will be out for a lot of you, but I live in Jersey, where school drags on into summer.)
For the Skype visit I will:
- Read THE MONSTORE
- Wear the pajamas of your class’s choice (Scottie Dog, Hot Cocoa, Conversation Hearts, Figure Skates)
- Answer questions about the book/writing/spending the day in jammies
- Play a trick on the class (with your help and a red delicious apple)
- Saw a lady in half
- Send your class a signed bookplate with limited edition “Grand Opening” MONSTORE sticker
- Accomodate your ideas to fulfill a classroom initiative
Skype visits will take place from June 10th to June 14th and last 30 minutes.
Whoops, and I will not saw a lady in half. Sorry ’bout that one. I got carried away.
To set up the Skype visit, please email me at tarawrites (at) yahoo (dot) com with “Free Skype Visit” in the subject line. Please include the following details:
- Class grade
- Three available days/times, listed in order of preference
- Contact info, including Skype username
I will try my best to schedule everyone who requests a Skype visit, but please note if I cannot, you will be selected on a first come/first served basis. Also, for reading purposes it’s best if you have a copy of THE MONSTORE in your classroom, but it is not a requirement.
Let the Skyping begin!
P.S. I apologize in advance for my northeast accent.
P.P.S. It’s not as bad as the cast from “Jersey Shore”.
P.P.P.S. Most of the “Jersey Shore” cast is from New York.